mylife Unio Cara – Enjoy comfort
- Pre-set blood glucose monitoring system for fast initialisation and easy training
- Automatic data transfer for quick and effortless therapy management
- Connectivity to the mylife App for convenient bolus advice
- Side-loading test strip for hygienic strip removal without blood contact
- Comfortable blood sampling with the automatic load and release function of mylife AutoLance
mylife Unio Cara Matches the mylife YpsoPump and pen therapy
mylife Unio Cara is ideal for diabetes self-management in combination with the mylife YpsoPump insulin pump: both devices have Bluetooth® connection and can send data wirelessly to the mylife App and the the mylife Software. The mylife Unio Cara also offers people with pen therapy the possibility to transfer their blood glucose data wirelessly to the mylife App for bolus advice. Regardless of the therapy form, the mylife App enables you to combine your therapy data in one management solution – giving you a comprehensive and quick therapy overview. No matter where you are. Thanks to the optional mylife Cloud, data synchronisation between health care professionals and you is easier than ever.
mylife Unio Cara A reliable and user-friendly device
mylife Unio Cara is a patient focused blood glucose monitoring system that meets user requirements: a pre-set and high quality blood glucose meter with intuitive operation. Markers, alarms or blood glucose target range can be set additionally if preferred.
Measurement data can easily and automatically be transferred via Bluetooth® to the mylife App (iOS/Android) and via Bluetooth® or micro-USB to different PC based software, such as the mylife Software. The mylife App allows you to track your own blood glucose measurements and those from people you take care of. Furthermore, settings on the blood glucose meter can easily be done in the mylife App.
The mylife AutoLance is a high precision lancing device. With an automatic load and release function and constant pricking pressure, it ensures easy and virtually painless blood sampling.
mylife Unio Cara is the ideal blood glucose monitoring system for people with diabetes who appreciate a handy and easy-to-use meter with a large display.
Components at a glance All you need for a plain and simple measurement
mylife Unio Cara blood glucose meter
- Pre-set, large display, easy-to-use
- Easy-to-read menu-based LCD display with intuitive operation
- Fast and accurate1 results
- Blood glucose target range can be defined
- Alarm functions with 4 daily alarms
- Up to 4 markers can be selected for each measurement
- Bluetooth® and micro-USB: data can be transferred to the mylife App and to PC based software, such as the mylife Software
mylife AutoLance lancing device
- Automatic load and release function in one step
- Automatic pressure control allows steady pricking pressure and thus ensures almost painless blood sampling
- Safety button prevents unintentional release
- 7 variable puncture depths
- Practical bayonet lock and stop function for easy lancet replacement
- AST cap available for alternative measuring sites
mylife Unio test strip
- High precision and accuracy with GDH-FAD enzyme1,2
- High Definition Signal Transmission (HDST)
- Solid test strip for a good grip
- Test strip removal without blood contact
- Easy taking of test strips from the compact vial
Sterile disposable lancets for effective and comfortable capillary blood sampling
The mylife Lancets and mylife Lancets multicolor quality lancets are designed to make blood sampling easier and more comfortable. An electro-polished tri-beveled needle tip guarantees a smooth and sharp finish to obtain optimum blood samples with maximum comfort.
- Virtually pain free: The tri-beveled needle tip guarantees a gentle collection of the blood sample.
- Exposed Needle Length: The needle is perfectly positioned to ensure consistent needle concentricity and an exposed needle length.
- Optimised safety: No LDPE (low density polyethylene) material remains on the needle tip after removing lancing cap.
- High quality lancets for everyday use
- Optimum blood flow
- Makes blood sampling easier and more comfortable
- Needle diameter 30G
- Designed for use with mylife Aveo lancing device, mylife AutoLance, mylife Softlance and most other sampling devices
- mylife Lancets multicolor: same function as mylife Lancets standard, but available in seven different colors
1 Bionime Corporation: Test Report for the System Accuracy Evaluation Blood Glucose Monitoring System GM722, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taiwan, 09.2017. Declaration Letter of Study Report Equivalence of GM722 and mylife Unio Cara, 03.2018, available on request.
2 Bionime Corporation: Test Report for the Evaluation of Precision (ISO 15197:2013), Model GM722 and Strip GS720 (mylife Unio), Taichung, Taiwan, 08.2017. Declaration Letter of Study Report Equivalence of GM722 and mylife Unio Cara, 03.2018, available on request.
High measurement convenience In just a few steps
Taking of the test strip
Take the large and solid test strip out of its vial and close the box again.
Inserting the test strip
The device activates automatically and recognises the strip code (Autocoding).
Holding down the safety button, gently push against the fingertip. Precise and almost painless lancing thanks to the automatic load and release function.
Apply the blood from above onto the test strip. The channel absorbs the blood sample while the blood sample window on the test strip shows the filling level.
Reading the measurement
Read the measurement on the LCD display and set markers.
Test strip removal without blood contact
Remove the strip and dispose of.
Consult instructions for use
In addition to data management via Bluetooth® by an app on a mobile device, the mylife Unio Cara meter lets you transfer data from the meter to a compatible PC-based software, such as the mylife Software, with a conventional micro-USB cable. Data transfer from the mylife Unio Cara to the mylife Software can also be carried out by using the Bluetooth® interface of the meter in combination with a specific dongle for the PC. To do this, the mylife Unio Cara initially needs to be paired with the PC.
A micro-USB data cable and Bluetooth® dongle can be ordered from your local customer service. Please contact your local Ypsomed customer service .
The mylife Software is a therapy management solution designed to cover the needs of people with diabetes and health care professionals for a thorough diabetes management. It has an intuitive and user-friendly design for ease of use, trend reports and meaningful statistics for a better therapy overview. The mylife Software is compatible with all mylife Diabetescare devices, such as mylife Unio, mylife Unio Cara, mylife Unio Neva, mylife Pura, mylife Pura X, and mylife YpsoPump, and a range of other devices for a complete picture.
Get more information about the mylife Software.
- TechnologyElectrochemical: GDH-FAD
- Haematocrit range20 – 70 % when blood glucose ≤ 200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L)
20 – 60 % when blood glucose > 200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L)
- SampleCapillary, venous and arterial whole blood
- Blood volume0.7 μL
- Memory1000 measurements
- Measurement range10 – 600 mg/dL (0.6 – 33.3 mmol/L)
- Data interfaceWireless via Bluetooth® or via micro-USB port
- Data managementData can be transferred to the mylife App and to PC based software, such as the mylife Software. (Diabass®, SiDiary and diasend® conformity to be reconfirmed. Please contact your local Ypsomed customer service).
- Screen and operationLarge LCD screen, simple and intuitive navigation with helpful symbols
- IlluminationIlluminated screen for good readability day and night
- Blood glucose target rangeAn upper and a lower limit can be set, warning signals during measurement
- Alarm functions4 alarms with possible repeat function
- Event markersMarkers for pre-prandial and post-prandial, sport, illness, wake-up. Up to 4 markers for each measurement result.
- Power supply2 CR2032 coin cell batteries (about 1000 measurements)
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Ypsomed is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.