Collection and use of personal information
Some personal information of Website visitors is collected automatically, while other personal information is provided to us directly by visitors.
We occasionally collect and use personal information provided by you that directly identifies you, including your name, contact information (e.g. phone number, address, etc.), email address, province and city of residence, subscription preferences and information you provide to allow us to process your inquiry or request.
We will only process your personal information for the purposes and reasons specified in this Policy or during the collection process, to which you consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for the following purposes:
- Processing and responding to your requests or inquiries;
- Statistical analyses to improve our Websites;
- To tailor the content off our website to the interests of the visitors or to improve the Websites in general on the basis of statistical evaluations.
- To personalize your experience;
- For marketing purposes, including to register you for and send you personalized newsletters, media mailing lists, updates or other communications concerning our products, promotions, educational programs and services;
- To maintain the Websites for security purposes;
- To identify and correct any errors or technical difficulties encountered by Website users; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
Automatically collected information
Our Websites log all inquiries and accesses by visitors to our Websites and automatically store this information as server log files. Server log files are used on an aggregated or anonymized basis to analyse how you interact with the Website.
The following information is logged in this way:
- the pages you visit
- the time you access the Website
- information about your computer (including its operating system, browser and browser version) and its location
- how you arrived at the Website; and
- IP address used (if necessary, and only in anonymized form)
Personal information that is automatically collected is used for statistical analysis and to improve the Websites. Ypsomed will not use this information to identify you.
Information that you provide us
At times, you may provide us with your personal information in order to subscribe to our newsletter, media mailing lists, updates or other communications concerning our products, promotions, educational program and services, or when you utilize the contact form on the Websites, including your
- your name;
- your email address;
- the country where you live;
- your subscription preferences
- the educational program or information session for which you would like to register; and
- any personal information you disclose in the subject or body of your communication with us.
Cookies are small text files that are temporarily or permanently placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device by a website server. Each cookie is uniquely assigned to your web browser and can only be read by that browser. It contains some anonymous information and allows the website to recognize entries and settings made over a certain period of time and to remember your preferences – e.g. your choice of language.
We classify the cookies we use in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Targeted advertising cookies These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. If you accept these cookies, your personal information may be used by our advertising partners to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
Newsletter provider Evalanche
Zoom Video Communications
Third Party Cookies
Our Websites may contain “share” buttons to various social networking platforms. To enable our visitors to share the content of our Websites on the social networking platform, we use the "Shariff" solution on our Websites. Accordingly, visitors to our Websites are not directly tracked by the social networking platforms once they enter our Websites. A connection between a visitor and the social networking platform is only established when visitors click on one of the “share” button. Shariff itself does not collect Website visitors personal information.
The collection, use, disclosure, access to, retention and handling of personal information on or by a third party website or social media platform is governed by the website’s or platform’s own privacy practices, including their privacy policies, as may be amended from time to time. Ypsomed has no liability or responsibility for such websites’ or platforms’ handling of personal information. We recommend that you carefully review and consider the privacy policies and practices of a website or social media platform before sharing any personal information with or on the platform and review that website or platform’s policies and practices periodically to understand any updates or changes.
To the extent that our Websites contain links to other sites or social media platforms, the owners of those sites and platforms are responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other sites and platforms. We do not endorse and will not be responsible for the privacy practices on third party websites or social media platforms.
(Status: April 2022)